Michele du Plessis
Chronic or long-term back pain sufferers know that treating back pain without surgery is challenging, to say the least. An estimated 80% of adults experience back pain during their lives. But there are ways to treat back pain without surgery, such as spinal manipulation and lifestyle changes.
- Spinal manipulation, or chiropractic manipulation, involves using the hands to adjust, massage, or stimulate the spine. Only a trained and licensed provider should perform these treatments.
- Acupuncture is the practice where an acupuncture practitioner inserts thin needles into specific points on the body. People use acupuncture for a variety of ailments, from chronic diseases to chronic pain.
- Inflammation has many causes. Evidence suggests that some foods, especially sugary and processed foods, can make inflammation worse. Research suggests that certain foods can help lower inflammation in the body, such as vegetables, fruit, nuts, fish and whole-grain foods.
- Studies have long supported the fact that exercise can release endorphins. These natural brain chemicals help stop pain by binding to opioid receptors in the brain. This has a mild effect similar to opioid pain medications.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) involves a person placing sticky electrode patches onto their back. When a person activates the battery-powered device, it sends electrical impulses to the electrodes, which can interrupt pain signals.
- Stress can cause a person to tense their muscles, which can cause back pain or make existing back pain worse. People who experience high levels of stress may wish to try methods that can help with relaxation and stress relief, including social support, meditation, and exercise.
- Wearing the wrong type of footwear can cause the legs, hips, and back to misalign. This misalignment can lead to back pain. High heels, shoes that are too tight, or shoes that offer poor support are possible back pain culprits.
- Physical therapy involves doing specific stretches and exercises under the guidance of a licensed physical therapist. These exercises may relieve tension or strengthen specific areas to help relieve pain.
- People use CBD oil to treat a variety of ailments, including pain.
Information from My Press Portal